If you were ripped from this Earth tomorrow, what would you want your daughter to know? What message would you want to leave behind for her? If you knew that you could write her a letter and she would take every word of the letter to heart, what would you write?
Melusine Muse Press is now taking submissions for the "Walking with Daddy" anthology. This anthology is a collection of letters from fathers to their daughters, written in letter format. The title and cover shown above are just a "working title" and a "working cover" and may not be the title and cover used on the finished anthology.
1. Your submissions must be written in a letter format addressed as "To my daughter," "To my daughters," or "Dear Daughter." Tell your daughter what is in your heart. What do you want her to know? What are the things you love about her? What hopes do you have for her?
2. In an anthology like this, I shouldn't have to even say it, but please keep it PG.
3. Letters cannot be less than 500 words and should not go over 2,000 words.
4. Please follow the formatting guidelines as stated on Melusine Muse Press's page. Go here to read the formatting guidelines.
5. There will be a prize for the BEST letter, as determined by me, of three free print copies of the anthology. Second place will get two print copies of the anthology and third place will get one print copy of the anthology.
6. Author bios must be sent in - around a paragraph each, links may be included, and must be written in 3rd person. These will be included in the book.
7. Short, one- or two-lines long, dedications may be included with your submission, and will make this book even more special to have on hand for your daughter as she grows.
8. The deadline for submissions is September 15th, 2014, but I would prefer to get submissions in earlier.
9. E-mail submissions as a file attachment to Rebecca (at) Fyfe (dot) net.
10. You may submit individual letters up to the number of daughters you have. You may write one letter that is inclusive for all of your daughters, or, if you have more than one daughter, you may write separate letters for each one and submit them.
11. your daughter doesn't have to be a little girl still. Even if she is all grown up, you can still write her a letter for the anthology.
Anthologies will be made available in both kindle and print formats.
The goal is to have the book out on World Daughter Day in 2015, which is on January 12th, but it might come out earlier to make Christmas purchases possible.
Only a limited number of letters will be included, so there is no guarantee that your letter will be selected if you send it in, but you will be notified of whether or not you letter has been accepted by November 1st.
Special note: If you have a touching "daddy and daughter" photo which you would like included with your dedication, send it in jpeg or png format to the same e-mail address as the letter submissions.
Authors retain all rights to submitted stories. If your story is accepted, you will be e-mailed a contract.